The Municipality of the Village of Ayer`s Cliff is looking for a person to fill the position of assistant to the building and environment inspector for the summer of 2020
Type of position
Availability : 30 hours per week
The assistant aids the inspector in the application of the planning and environmental by-laws of the municipality, namely:
• Raise awareness among shoreline owners of the need of the shorelines to preserve the water quality of Lake Massawippi;
• Carry out inspections on the territory, in particular with regard to tree cutting, nuisance offenses and breaches of environmental standards;
• Assist in the drafting of certain documents, including permits and notices of offense;
• Other municipal inspection tasks.
Requirements and profile
• Interest in the environment;
• Interpersonal skills and ease with talking to citizens;
• Student in town planning, municipal inspection technique, civil engineering, ecology or other related training; (an advantage)
• Relevance of the job in relation to the studies planned or in progress;
• Ease of learning the codes, laws and regulations related to this job, especially with regard to the policy of protecting coastal shores and flood plains;
• Have good knowledge in information technologies;
• Good spoken and written French;
• Good spoken English;
• Have the use of a vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license.
Work schedule: Temporary summer position of a maximum of 9 weeks, 30 hours per week. Start of work is planned as soon as possible. Interested parties are invited to send their curriculum vitae no later than July 17 at 4 p.m., by email to email@example.com or to the municipal office located at 958 rue Main, Ayer`s Cliff (QC) J0B1C0.
$13,10 / hour.
Only the retained candidates will be contacted.